I think Jimmy Kimmel is my new favorite Jimmy. Sorry Fallon. I love his friendship with Sarah Silverman. They’re the cutest ex couple ever, I swear Sarah is aging backwards. 47 and she looks bettet than ever. Anyway, this clip just makes me happy. I’m so easy to please at times, The “woke Jimmy” part cracks me up, Have a wonderful Saturday. 💕
- I’m really enjoying having lowlights in my hair and the fact that it is finally just about to my shoulders. It’s the simple things, folks.
- Interesting article below on blocking friends and family on social media after a fall out. Personally, I’ve never blocked someone I’ve cared about and who has truly cared about me. It just always struck me as mean and disrespectful. I’m an adult and if I have an issue with you, I’ll simply say so, If I trusted you at one point with my love and friendship, I have to trust you’re mature enough to respect my wishes when things end. Note, I will block perverts and stalker types with no regret. I just think people who were important to us deserve better than to be treated like the aforementioned Unless the relationship ended on a hateful note or harassment is involved. One thing for certain blocking sends a clear message that you want a person gone, never to be heard from again. It’s the ultimate Fudge you! 🤓lhttps://www.theodysseyonline.com/psychological-strain-behind-blocking-someone-on-social-media
- I’ve gotten back into wearing eyeliner and mascara most days. I’m loving Nars Larger than Life Long wear Eyeliner and Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes.
- Remember these? A pop sensation for your mouth . Yes, I’m really 12. ha!
- If you haven’t seen the HBO documentary on Senator John McCain, you should check it out. May he rest in peace. He seemed like a man who cared about America and not just his party. Imagine if bipartisan became the norm. What a strange and wonderful world it would be.
- On another TV note is anyome watching Castle Rock on Hula? If so, who or what is “the kid” Two more episodes left of this season. Such a mind twister You really have to pay attention to follow everything that’s going on.
- I’m so happy it’s almost fall, lots of fun things in the works with my favorite people. I can’t wait to break out the sweaters and hot chocolate.
- I give you simply the best milkshake ever. The Misto.
- On a film note, I watched “Mother” last night. It came out last year and stars Jennifer Lawrence. Biblical allegories played a huge role in the plot, but goodness was it violent and bizarre.
- What’s a blog post without a picture of the rock star cat being fabulous
- So me
- My birthday was yesterday and I got this card from my youngest daughter . She’s funny
- My favorite family to watch on YouTube. The kids are super adorable! https://youtu.be/mFUKjbUYCcI
You all can blame my buddy Casey for what follows. He encourages my list madness. You can check out his poetry here. http://www.scurvyq52.wordpress.com He’s guaranteed to shiver your timbers. Just ask his beautiful wife and devoted readers. (This ad paid for by Casey and the Pirates of Jacksonville) 😎
And now I give you (and C-Man) twenty facts about myself . What are some facts about you? I’d love to know more about you and your world.
1. I’ve battled depression and anxiety on and off for years, since I was a teen really. I worry a lot and mostly about things thaf haven’t even happened. Thankfully, I’ve learned to cope. One thing that has helped me is focusing on others. It gets me out of my head and allows me to direct my energy towards something positive.
2. I’m super affectionate and outgoing with my family and friends, but can be shy and reserved with people I don’t know well. I also can go quiet if I’m upset about something or just lost in a daydream.
3. I can usually find the good in most situations. I’m fairly easygoing with moments of anarchy and rebellion.
4. I use humor as a buffer when my emotions start to overwhelm me. This creates a false narrative and deflect what I’m really struggling with. I find it hard to be vulnerable with most people. It’s easier to just joke and play off what I’m feeling.
5. When I was little and my brother was born, people would asked me what I thought of the new baby. I would always reply in a serious and reflective tone, “He’s okay except for his face”. Pretty much still holds true today. Haha! Not really.
6. I use words like nifty and neat.
7. I think I would have made an excellent flapper girl, were it not for being born in the wrong decade, and the gusto to which I apply tripping over my own feet.
8. I don’t get dark chocolate, skinny jeans, Donald Trump, kale, math, Wal-Mart, or why Andy Cohen is popular.
9. I love James Corbin, Jimmy Fallon, John Cleese, John Legend, and the letter J. 😁
10. I think it might be cool to live in a lighthouse and turn ir into a B and B.
11. I’ve really gotten into cooking recently Believe me no one is more surprised than me. I’m trying new recipes and enjoying it. Dinner at my house everyone. Bring wine, roses are optional. Chocolate is demanded.
12. I’m quiet happy to stay home and watch Netflix or read a book. Currently watching “The Staircase” It’s about the Michael Peterson trial. I can be a real homebody.
13. However, I do enjoy days and nights out Love trying new restaurants and just walking around town. I also enjoy festivals, concerts, Sunday drives, plays,sightseeing and traveling
14. I t’s like a constant ticker tape parade in my head because of this, I need lots of creative outlets. Currently into writing, painting, singing, and practicing my hip hop moves 😜
15. My friend Misty and I will be releasing a poetry book in December.
16. Fun fact- I’ve learned that sometimes the people you care about and do the most for are the ones that will hurt you the hardest I’m not sure why that is. Forgive and forget though. If you can’t do that, as my Granny use to say, “Pray for them.” . Dear Lord, please let a flower pot fall in their stupid head” kidding! Refer back to number 4 on the list
17. My dream jobs are as follows being a profiler for the FBI, hosting a home interior show on HGTV, being a Broadway darling, or having my own organic skincare line.
18. I’m going to Salem Massachusetts and Portland Maine the last week of October. Excited to see New England in the fall. It looks so pretty. I’m particularly excited to see The House of Seven Gables, Longfellow’s digs, the art of Winslow Homer, Cape Elizabeth, and of course The Holy Doughnut. Okay, mostly the latter, but I’m sure the rest will be cool too. 😆
19. I love food, but my taste is sort of pedestrian. Yes, I eat people walking on the street .😜
20. I have every beauty and anti-aging gadget known to man. I’m not getting any younger so I really try and take care of my skin. I’m also afraid of needles and knives so doing noninvasive things at home is the route I’m taking. These little machines have made such a HUGE difference. I will use them for the rest of my life. I think I look pretty good to be turning 106. 😜
I’ve loved to be a beauty blogger but I think I’m more suited to write on the adventures of being a dork. Ha!🤓
Music and a nod to a fact on my list. This song always cheers me up. 🍸
I haven’t participated in the WP awards in ages, but having been nominated by the wonderful and inspiring…
I felt I couldn’t refuse. Please check out this amazing blog.
Oh to participate you :
Shake the hand of the person who nominated you with gratitude, providing a link to their blog.
Provide answers to the 11 questions they gave you.
List 11 fun facts about yourself.
1. If you were granted one wish what would it be? This sounds so trite and beauty contestant silly, but world peace. There’s just so much chaos and hate out there , it would be lovely to live in a world without both.
2. What is your favourite season and why? Fall. It’s just a magical time of year. The air almost sparkles. I swear I’m not drunk… yet. Kidding
3. Have you ever had your heart badly broken? By whom? A few times and always by people I loved dearly. I guess that’s why they call it heart broken. The wonderful thing is there’s usually something better in stone for us. No sense holding on to something that hurts you. Love the people who love you. They’re the ones who matter.
4. What makes you cry? Aside from heartbreak, everything . Ha! Injustices, sappy movies, songs, every time I consider who the president is.
5. What makes you laugh? My family, friends, Jom Stewart, my morning mirror self..
6. What person inspires you most on your journey of life and why? My parents. I can’t pick just one They’re both amazing people who never back down They have taught me so much and passed on a love for reading, music and nature
7. Who is your favourite author? F. Scott Fitzgerald. He had such a lyrical style
8. What is your favourite food? Spaghetti Yum!
9. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I’d be less critical of myself
10. What is your most treasured possession and why? My sanity. Ha! I have a few special items that I hold dear.
11. What do you think the most important quality in a person is? Loyalty and kindness. Again, I couldn’t pick just one.🙂
11 Facta About Me
1. I love anything vintage
2. My mom almost named me Suki
3. I’m random and prone to break into a song at odd times
4, My celebrity crush is James Purefoy
5. I’m a fast reader. I usually read 3 books a week
6. I’m clumsy but not clueless
7. When I was a child, my nickname was Jabber Jaws
8. Despite that, I am an introvert, prone to bouts of shyness and social anxiety.
9. My favorite song is “Falling Slowly”
10. I have no time for shallow minded, fickleness.
11. I currently have these lyrics stuck in my head, British accents and all “We don’t need no education. We don’t need no thought control.”
Provide a list of your own 11 questions.
Nominate 11 other bloggers by providing links to their blogs.
I can’t pick just 11 bloggers so this is for anyone who would like to participate.
1. If you were a mixed drink, what would you be?
2. What’s the theme song of your life?
3. How would you define yourself in three words?
4. What got you into blogging?
5. If you could only look at one cityscape for the rest of your life, which would it be?
6. Coke or Pepsi?
7. What does your perfect day look like?
8. Favorite song?
9. What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
10. How would you define love?
11. What’s the best advice someone has ever given you?
You have to let go of what is hurting you. You can’t keep rewriting the same story, especially when the ending never changes. There’s only so many revisions you can make. Some stories weren’t meant to have a happy ending, some stories were meant to be left incomplete
Sometimes you have to find the courage to put the old narrative away and write a new story.
Have a great weekend everyone 💕
Things to Get Over.
1. Hurdles, potholes in the road, stumps. The gap, you refuse to mind. The fact that you aren’t British.
2. Relatives you’ve lost to cancer, old age, depression, and alcoholism.
3. Things that ended in nothingness. The fear of being alone. The aggravation of being together.
4. Stupid love affairs the ones that terrified, and the ones that were filled with happiness The ring kept, or pawned, or thrown in his face. The one who got away. The one you wish had gotten away.
5. Childhood memories of storybooks, catching fireflies,; snow days so bright that the whole world was covered in whiteness. Your imaginary friend, named Tom, who never made fun of your coke bottled glasses, and the way you refuse to look at strangers
6. Suburban life, the ethers of banality,
7. Children growing up and the pain of letting go. The stillness of the house. The quiet you chase around every room
8. The cries for help from those you were able to reach and those you weren’t.
9. Dispossessed possessions. Substance. The absence of substance.
10.The unfound. The unfinished.
11. illusions, delusions. Daydreams. Nightmares.
12. All the seconds, minutes, hours, days, the years that pile up, the past always waiting to hear from you
13. Words that rise and fall. Transparent, sometimes luminous but that will vanish in the end.
14. The crushing reality that not everyone will like your remedy
15. Wasted time. Good intentions that grow tired.
These are a few of the things to get over. However, do we ever really get over things, or do we just learn to go around them?
Perhaps, we should savor the
things to get over. Praise what was. Our past, always there to confess. Bow to
it like a priest. Recall the shifting seasons, hoard the heart’s thorns, what hurts us can also nurture us. Just remember, the past can never be altered. Don’t stumble on your way around it. Listen for the footsteps of the future. Be ready to take its hand when it calls for you.
What good is life if we don’t use it up? Bite hard into the things to get over. It doesn’t matter if you break the skin.. Relish the pain, and then come back to today, to life, and ardently pursue the elixir, living.
“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.”
Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet