This show always makes ms happy no matter how many times I rematch it.
Parks and Recreation
Recently the family and I have been rewatching the comedy Parks and Rec. According to my daughters and better half, Leslie Knopes is my alter ego. Who knew? I see myself as more of a Ron, minus the tache. Ha! Anyway, in honor of my TV character doppelgänger and in the name of levity, (which let’s be honest, we all could use in our current Covid 19 world), here are some of my favorite quotes from the show. Y’all stay healthy and for the love of all that’s sane, wear a friggin mask!
- Everything hurts and I’m dying.” – Leslie Knope
- “There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that is lying about being milk.” – Ron Swanson
- “Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let’s go!” – April Ludgate
- “I am a Goddess, a glorious female warrior.” – Leslie Knope
- “Just remember, every time you look up at the moon, I, too, will be looking at a moon. Not the same moon, obviously, That’s impossible.” – Andy Dwyer
- “Sometimes you gotta work a little so you can ball a lot.” – Tom Haverford
- “We have to remeber what’s important in life: friends waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third.” – Leslie Knope
- “Halloween is my favorite holiday. It’s just the best. And I don’t have to work! Hey slutty teenage girls dressed as sexy kittens, pump your own stomachs this year!” – Ann Perkins
- “If I keep my body moving, and my mind occupied at all times, I will avoid falling into a bottomless pit of despair.” – Chris Traeger
- “What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring really loudly at me.” – Leslie Knope
“Lucy, you got some ‘splainin’ to do!”
Beautiful, fiery, bold, and funny, Lucille Ball was one of America’s most beloved comedians, best known for her self-produced television show ‘I Love Lucy’.The show’s success was phenomenal. It’s impact om American television legendary. Ball co-starred with her husband the dashing Desi Arnaz, who played the iconic Ricky Ricardo. Desi was also a pioneer in broadcasting. He was the genius behind what would become modern sitcom format and those lovely little things called reruns that made “I Love Lucy” known to my generation and beyond.
Desi and Lucy’s rocky love story is one for the ages. He once said they “loved and fought furiously” They had a tumultuous 20-year marriage. And even after they split, the pair remained in each other’s lives until Desi’s death in 1986. Despite their breakup, they still loved each other. They truly are my favorite celebrity couple. There’s a new movie coming out about them starring Cate Blanchett as Lucille Ball. Oscar- and Emmy-winner Aaron Sorkin is writing the script. Looking forward to seeing it. Right before Desi passed, he wrote this about Lucy and the show.
“Lucy was the show. Viv, Fred and I were just props. Damn good props, but props nevertheless. P.S. I Love Lucy was never just the title.” Awwww.
Some of my favorite lines from…
Ricky Ricardo: Lucy’s acting crazy!
Fred Mertz: Crazy for Lucy or crazy for ordinary people?
Ricky Ricardo: What do you want me to do, starve to death?
Lucy Ricardo: Would you, please?
Lucy Ricardo: There’s just two things keeping me from dancing in that show.
Fred Mertz: Your feet?
Lucy Ricardo: Y’know, I’ve been thinking about shows like Burns and Allen. George Burns uses his wife on the show. Why don’t you?
Ricky Ricardo: I’d love to! Do you think she would leave George?
And now a few of my favorite quotes from
the Queen of Comedy herself.
It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.
One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
I’m happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.
Finally, the genius that was “I Love Lucy”
I think Jimmy Kimmel is my new favorite Jimmy. Sorry Fallon. I love his friendship with Sarah Silverman. They’re the cutest ex couple ever, I swear Sarah is aging backwards. 47 and she looks bettet than ever. Anyway, this clip just makes me happy. I’m so easy to please at times, The “woke Jimmy” part cracks me up, Have a wonderful Saturday. 💕
Lowlights, Mascara, Blockbusters, Myth makers, Heartbreakers. (And the Rest)
- I’m really enjoying having lowlights in my hair and the fact that it is finally just about to my shoulders. It’s the simple things, folks.
- Interesting article below on blocking friends and family on social media after a fall out. Personally, I’ve never blocked someone I’ve cared about and who has truly cared about me. It just always struck me as mean and disrespectful. I’m an adult and if I have an issue with you, I’ll simply say so, If I trusted you at one point with my love and friendship, I have to trust you’re mature enough to respect my wishes when things end. Note, I will block perverts and stalker types with no regret. I just think people who were important to us deserve better than to be treated like the aforementioned Unless the relationship ended on a hateful note or harassment is involved. One thing for certain blocking sends a clear message that you want a person gone, never to be heard from again. It’s the ultimate Fudge you! 🤓lhttps://www.theodysseyonline.com/psychological-strain-behind-blocking-someone-on-social-media
- I’ve gotten back into wearing eyeliner and mascara most days. I’m loving Nars Larger than Life Long wear Eyeliner and Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes.
- Remember these? A pop sensation for your mouth . Yes, I’m really 12. ha!
- If you haven’t seen the HBO documentary on Senator John McCain, you should check it out. May he rest in peace. He seemed like a man who cared about America and not just his party. Imagine if bipartisan became the norm. What a strange and wonderful world it would be.
- On another TV note is anyome watching Castle Rock on Hula? If so, who or what is “the kid” Two more episodes left of this season. Such a mind twister You really have to pay attention to follow everything that’s going on.
- I’m so happy it’s almost fall, lots of fun things in the works with my favorite people. I can’t wait to break out the sweaters and hot chocolate.
- I give you simply the best milkshake ever. The Misto.
- On a film note, I watched “Mother” last night. It came out last year and stars Jennifer Lawrence. Biblical allegories played a huge role in the plot, but goodness was it violent and bizarre.
- What’s a blog post without a picture of the rock star cat being fabulous
- So me
- My birthday was yesterday and I got this card from my youngest daughter . She’s funny
- My favorite family to watch on YouTube. The kids are super adorable! https://youtu.be/mFUKjbUYCcI