This and that.
1. My eye corection surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday. Excited but not looking forward to being put to sleep. Wish me luck. The recovery time is pretty short. Glad for that. The surgery will correct the alignment of my left eye and hopefully, improve my peripheral vision. I have full confidence in my doctor. His name is Benjamin Krammer.. I highly recommend him.
2. When I originally started my blog, it was a place to write about life’s little oddities, post book reviews and ny random musings. Recently, I think it has reverted back to that concept with poetry thrown into the mix. The blog at one point had metamorphosis into strictly a poetry spot. There was a time when I wrote constantly. I was going through a tough time and writing was my therapy.
Nowadays, life is more stable and I’m in a healthier state of mind . It’s also a much busier time. I find myself writing less, but the muse is still there. It’s just learning to write from a place of stability . I suppose I could hone in on unresolved hurt feelings, and painful events, but I choose not too. I choose to focus on the positive and all the blessings in my world.
Everything that has happened to me has placed me where I am suppose to be. I’ve always tried to put love out there, and I feel like karma is acknowledging that. Things are finally going really well after a few years of chaos.. I’m grateful for what was and the growth it has brought me. No regrets. I’m stronger and better for it all. I’m also aware, given how anxious and sentimental I can be that there will still be times of angst and disquieting moments. That is the human condition when one feels things on a deeply emotional level. However, I’m more equipped to handle those setbacks now. I’m living for what is. Turns out what is is pretty lovely.
3. I also find myself spending much less time on social media. It’s odd given that I used to be such an enthusiast. I really enjoyed posting and connecting with new people. These days I’m just happy to connect with those who already know and love me. Most of my online time is devoted to criminal justice pursuits, as well as less noble causes like Amazon browsing and watching various Youtubers.
4. We will be traveling to the Outer Banks in April . For those of you who have been, any suggestions on must see attractions? I’m hoping to see some wild horses running along the beach.
5. Lastly, thanks so much for sticking with me through my many moods and blog stages. WordPress definitely attracts creative and kind people. I’m happy to interact with you all.
PS. For those of you who are strictly here for the poetry, my friend Misty and I will be releasing a poetry book later this year.
Details coming soon. 💕
PPS. I watched a documentary on Netflix last night called Tricky Dick and the Man in Black. It chronicled the relationship between Johnny Cash and Richard Nixon. Johnny showed Nixon that he was nobody’s fool. The documentary put me in a Cash state of mind. His cover of “Hurt” gets me every time.
When my life becomes
hard. I write away in
my notebook of dreams
that lives on my desk.
I take a short cut through
ink to be with it.
of angst spilling out
particles of love. desire,
I wonder how the pages
can ingest them all. My
constant purging of
emotions. Trying to
convey with words
truth before time
distorts it and it
becomes an artifact in
the Museum of
At times the fog
likes to exert control
over my verse. Longing
tend to be blind to
reality and reason.
It never sees things
as they are. The poet
trying to alter the
past and its asterisk
Poetry becomes a
contraption of denial.
Truth fight its way
watermark by tears
to sit on my back
like a weighed
down hard on the
straps. Reminding me
my poetry and life
would be without it.
I liked the Tin Man song so much, I decided to do a cover. Hope you’ll give a listen
For my lovely friend Alex. Thanks for being my pal, confidante, partner in crime, and fellow foodie.
You can follow his blog here: Lots of wonderful stuff there.
Hey y’all. Come in and sit a spell. I am really working the southern belle angle today. I’ll also be serving sweet tea and biscuits on the veranda. Rhett just got back from Charleston. He will direct you outside.
Anyway, silliness aside. I haven’t been writing as much creatively lately, because I’ve been writing more in academic sense. I could share with you, but I think you would be bored to tears. I do hope to get back into poetry mode soon. I also apologize for not being able to keep up with your wonderful blogs like I used to. I really miss reading and commenting. When things slow down, I look forward to catching up. I just wanted you all to know that I haven’t forgotten you. OK, not that y’all would be devastated if I had,but anyway. Just know unlike Rhett, I do give a damn.
In other news, is Donald Trump for real???!!!
And things I wonder about some my fellow bloggers. These are the questions that demand to be answered
Has Alex shaved his beard yer?
How are Tony and his jersey girl faring? I so want a love like that. Tony, do you have a brother?
Wil ;Casey really put on the kilt?
Will Eric stay penciltastic?
Will the lovely lady, Randy become my new matchmaker?
Will Rob reveal anymore of his personalities?
Will Paul join an Air Supply cover band?
Will gyn rat Paul keep being a gym rat?
Will Niles ever score Norah Jones?
Will Oghen ever buy me a pint?
And so many more questions. However, I think Rhett is just about ready to sweep me off my feet and carry me up the stairs.
Or maybe I just need to sweep the stairs. Who can say for sure?
I will leave you with a song. This goes out to each and everyone of you. I am such a cheese ball.
I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Dustin, someone you should be following. Dustin’s blog is a wellspring of information on the ins and outs of writing fiction. In addition, Dustin is a lovely human being. You’ll find a link to his blog here.
On Plot.. – http://wp.me/p2DnEL-6V
And now for the OLBA
The rules for accepting the 2015 One Lovely Blog Award:
– Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
– Share 7 things about yourself.
– Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
7 facts about me
1. Outwardly, I appear to be this petite, perky, soft spoken, girly girl who brings out the protective side of people. Inwardly, I am mother f****** Hercules and I will mess you up. 😉
2. I have a recurring dream about a serial killer. The really bizarre thing, the killer is a pig.
3. I’m totally obsessed with my cat. It should be noted, my cat is a diva. He has his own bedroom, will only drink bottled water, and refuses to listen to anything other than Beethoven
4. I can be very melancholy and anti social. I feel things deeply. This intensity can wear me out. When I become exhausted from the emotions, I shut down (just for a bit)
5. My fantasy man would have Jon Stewart’s humor, Chet Baker’s swagger, Mark Kingwell’s mind, Proust’s literary prowess, Blake Shelton’s height, Bill Clinton’s charm, minus the smarm, Sylvain Reynard’s mystique and Aaron Eckhart ‘s good looks.
6. I’m a One Direction fan. Don’t judge me. My taste in music runs the spectrum from eclectic and cool to mainstream and crappy.
7. I’m known for my ‘I Love Lucy ” moments. My shenanigans always lead to trouble, but I am told it keeps life interesting
My thanks again to Dustin
I nominate the following people for the One Lovely Blog Award
Todd Lowe because he’s Todd (duh)
Rachel (Finding Rachel) because she’s a badass
Christan Marc because he’s cute and I’m shallow like that. No, really he’s a wonderful writer
Jane Rothman because she’ll never let me forget it if I don’t. Plus, her photographs are stunning.
DS Levy because she’s my blogging soul sister
Jennifer B. -she’s the queen
Michael Rios – because he’s always so helpful and kind
Ranting Crow- because he’s a crow and he rants.
Niles – because he’s a gentleman and the sweetest.
Rob (The V-Pub)- because I like his humor.
Theresa D.- because I really need some of her lasagna and tiramisu
Casey Michael Smith – he’s an amazing poet and he looks really distinguished in his glasses
Heather Culford- I’m hoping she’ll buy me donuts
A Curious Mind – his love of humanity is inspiring
Wendy- because she classy and stylish.