This and that.
1. My eye corection surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday. Excited but not looking forward to being put to sleep. Wish me luck. The recovery time is pretty short. Glad for that. The surgery will correct the alignment of my left eye and hopefully, improve my peripheral vision. I have full confidence in my doctor. His name is Benjamin Krammer.. I highly recommend him.
2. When I originally started my blog, it was a place to write about life’s little oddities, post book reviews and ny random musings. Recently, I think it has reverted back to that concept with poetry thrown into the mix. The blog at one point had metamorphosis into strictly a poetry spot. There was a time when I wrote constantly. I was going through a tough time and writing was my therapy.
Nowadays, life is more stable and I’m in a healthier state of mind . It’s also a much busier time. I find myself writing less, but the muse is still there. It’s just learning to write from a place of stability . I suppose I could hone in on unresolved hurt feelings, and painful events, but I choose not too. I choose to focus on the positive and all the blessings in my world.
Everything that has happened to me has placed me where I am suppose to be. I’ve always tried to put love out there, and I feel like karma is acknowledging that. Things are finally going really well after a few years of chaos.. I’m grateful for what was and the growth it has brought me. No regrets. I’m stronger and better for it all. I’m also aware, given how anxious and sentimental I can be that there will still be times of angst and disquieting moments. That is the human condition when one feels things on a deeply emotional level. However, I’m more equipped to handle those setbacks now. I’m living for what is. Turns out what is is pretty lovely.
3. I also find myself spending much less time on social media. It’s odd given that I used to be such an enthusiast. I really enjoyed posting and connecting with new people. These days I’m just happy to connect with those who already know and love me. Most of my online time is devoted to criminal justice pursuits, as well as less noble causes like Amazon browsing and watching various Youtubers.
4. We will be traveling to the Outer Banks in April . For those of you who have been, any suggestions on must see attractions? I’m hoping to see some wild horses running along the beach.
5. Lastly, thanks so much for sticking with me through my many moods and blog stages. WordPress definitely attracts creative and kind people. I’m happy to interact with you all.
PS. For those of you who are strictly here for the poetry, my friend Misty and I will be releasing a poetry book later this year.
Details coming soon. 💕
PPS. I watched a documentary on Netflix last night called Tricky Dick and the Man in Black. It chronicled the relationship between Johnny Cash and Richard Nixon. Johnny showed Nixon that he was nobody’s fool. The documentary put me in a Cash state of mind. His cover of “Hurt” gets me every time.