You all can blame my buddy Casey for what follows. He encourages my list madness. You can check out his poetry here. http://www.scurvyq52.wordpress.com He’s guaranteed to shiver your timbers. Just ask his beautiful wife and devoted readers. (This ad paid for by Casey and the Pirates of Jacksonville) 😎
And now I give you (and C-Man) twenty facts about myself . What are some facts about you? I’d love to know more about you and your world.
1. I’ve battled depression and anxiety on and off for years, since I was a teen really. I worry a lot and mostly about things thaf haven’t even happened. Thankfully, I’ve learned to cope. One thing that has helped me is focusing on others. It gets me out of my head and allows me to direct my energy towards something positive.
2. I’m super affectionate and outgoing with my family and friends, but can be shy and reserved with people I don’t know well. I also can go quiet if I’m upset about something or just lost in a daydream.
3. I can usually find the good in most situations. I’m fairly easygoing with moments of anarchy and rebellion.
4. I use humor as a buffer when my emotions start to overwhelm me. This creates a false narrative and deflect what I’m really struggling with. I find it hard to be vulnerable with most people. It’s easier to just joke and play off what I’m feeling.
5. When I was little and my brother was born, people would asked me what I thought of the new baby. I would always reply in a serious and reflective tone, “He’s okay except for his face”. Pretty much still holds true today. Haha! Not really.
6. I use words like nifty and neat.
7. I think I would have made an excellent flapper girl, were it not for being born in the wrong decade, and the gusto to which I apply tripping over my own feet.
8. I don’t get dark chocolate, skinny jeans, Donald Trump, kale, math, Wal-Mart, or why Andy Cohen is popular.
9. I love James Corbin, Jimmy Fallon, John Cleese, John Legend, and the letter J. 😁
10. I think it might be cool to live in a lighthouse and turn ir into a B and B.
11. I’ve really gotten into cooking recently Believe me no one is more surprised than me. I’m trying new recipes and enjoying it. Dinner at my house everyone. Bring wine, roses are optional. Chocolate is demanded.
12. I’m quiet happy to stay home and watch Netflix or read a book. Currently watching “The Staircase” It’s about the Michael Peterson trial. I can be a real homebody.
13. However, I do enjoy days and nights out Love trying new restaurants and just walking around town. I also enjoy festivals, concerts, Sunday drives, plays,sightseeing and traveling
14. I t’s like a constant ticker tape parade in my head because of this, I need lots of creative outlets. Currently into writing, painting, singing, and practicing my hip hop moves 😜
15. My friend Misty and I will be releasing a poetry book in December.
16. Fun fact- I’ve learned that sometimes the people you care about and do the most for are the ones that will hurt you the hardest I’m not sure why that is. Forgive and forget though. If you can’t do that, as my Granny use to say, “Pray for them.” . Dear Lord, please let a flower pot fall in their stupid head” kidding! Refer back to number 4 on the list
17. My dream jobs are as follows being a profiler for the FBI, hosting a home interior show on HGTV, being a Broadway darling, or having my own organic skincare line.
18. I’m going to Salem Massachusetts and Portland Maine the last week of October. Excited to see New England in the fall. It looks so pretty. I’m particularly excited to see The House of Seven Gables, Longfellow’s digs, the art of Winslow Homer, Cape Elizabeth, and of course The Holy Doughnut. Okay, mostly the latter, but I’m sure the rest will be cool too. 😆
19. I love food, but my taste is sort of pedestrian. Yes, I eat people walking on the street .😜
20. I have every beauty and anti-aging gadget known to man. I’m not getting any younger so I really try and take care of my skin. I’m also afraid of needles and knives so doing noninvasive things at home is the route I’m taking. These little machines have made such a HUGE difference. I will use them for the rest of my life. I think I look pretty good to be turning 106. 😜
I’ve loved to be a beauty blogger but I think I’m more suited to write on the adventures of being a dork. Ha!🤓
Music and a nod to a fact on my list. This song always cheers me up. 🍸