NY Times best selling author and international man of mystery Sylvain Reynard dropped by the blog to answer reader’s questions. Never one to stand on the sidelines and idly twiddle his thumbs, the Snarky Narrator, affectionately known as SN from the Gabreil’s Inferno Trilogy, made a surprise appearance. Prepare to swoon to the tune of two of the most fascinating men on the planet (at least according to SR’s angels). Enjoy.
Questions for SR and SN
Submitted by Misty.
1. Snarky, is it true that in #the raven that William’s description was based on SR?
SN: This is the kind of propaganda SR is known for. In reality, William is much better looking.
2. SR, is it true you look like William in real life? 🙂 I remember an interview a long time ago where you said you wanted to write about vampires, is this book fulfilling that desire?
SR: Yes, The Florentine Series has been my chance to write about vampyres and I’ve really enjoyed writing them.
3. A lot of us love Raven Wood she is real and has a big heart, do you base your characters on people in your life or are they completely imagined?
SR: They’re imagined but I suppose in my imagination, they’re real.
Submitted by Ellie Totten
4. I have never heard of Selinsgrove, Pa. before and wondered the reason you chose this setting as the hometown of Gabriel and Julianne.
If you research apple production in the USA, you’ll discover Pennsylvania has many orchards and produces a lot of apples. So the choice began with the orchard ….
5. In Gabriel’s Redemption I enjoyed the part where Gabriel met his biological sister, Kelly. I loved her warm personality. Will you consider writing more about his new relationship with his biological family now that he and Julianne have Claire?
It’s possible …
6. I’m a Professor Picton fan and since you’ve stated she is in fact a real person, can you share any information about her?
I can’t say too much but in one of my forthcoming novels, we’ll see more of her. Stay tuned …
This is for The SN.
7. Are you a bit put out that SR has ignored your charming personality in his new Florentine trilogy? In addition, would SR ever wear sneakers with his sexy argyle socks? Oh, and does SR have blue eyes like David Gandy? 😉
SN: I really don’t understand why everyone is so fascinated with SR and not with me. I’m far more attractive.
Submitted by Samia
8. Since a person can control many feelings, why do you think we can’t choose who we love?
Some elements of love can’t be controlled. That said, one could habituate oneself to loving a particular person through an act of will. But I suppose the better question is if we’re talking about romantic love, why would one want to?
9. If you had one wish, whatever you wanted, what would you wish for?
World peace. And more doughnuts.
Submitted by BAE
10. Hi, SR. Always good to see you. I’ve always wondered if you have ever been in a situation where people around you are commenting about your books next to you without knowing you’re the author. And for some reason, I could see you sneaking into a book store into the romance novels section out of curiosity (well, I would do it … 😉 Has it happened to you? If so, how was it? Do you mind to share?
Truthfully, I haven’t been in a situation where I’ve heard others discussing my books. But yes, when I’m in a bookstore I browse around looking to see where my books are shelved …
11. You’re well known for pleasing your readers. We all adore you. Your positivity influences our daily lives and give hope in moments when any of us might feel completely hopeless. What lessons or words of wisdom have you learned from your readers that have had a positive impact in your life?
I’m not sure I could identify just one but I can say that I enjoy hearing from readers through email and social media and there are many inspiring messages that they’ve shared with me.
12. My dear & sexy SN… Where have you been? When will we have the pleasure to have another chat with you? We had to start a pacific protest in Twitter to have the opportunity to chat with you today. Is SR treating you well? I miss you. xo
SN: Thank you. I’ve decided I need to take control and narrate my own life…
Submitted by Renata
13. Your books contain great content about works of art of all kinds and shapes. For you, what is the beauty?! The concept of beauty evolves as man evolves?!
I think beauty is an aspect of goodness that incites a reaction in the observer.
14. The language of art and music seem to be universal. Your books bring music and characters who learn to speak foreign languages. Do you think that learning foreign languages is a way to promote a sense of unity in humanity?
15. For SN I would like you to know that you have many fans in Brazil, for its charm and wonderful sense of humor, including me. And after that, I wonder: “You do not feel trapped, confined between the “parentheses” of SR books?!”
SN: Yes, as I said in a previous answer, I need to take control and narrate my own life. I think I could do so very well in Brazil …
Submitted by Andarta
16. Hi SR, I’m not sure if you are familiar with The Time Traveler’s Wife movie (or book), the male character, as the title says, can travel through time and interact with himself in different periods of his life. If you could do the same thing, which advice you would give for a younger and older self of yours 🙂
That’s a good question. I don’t know the film or the book but I understand what you’re saying. For the younger: Be bold. For the older: Be patient.
17. Hi Snarky, always good to see you and read your comments in SR’s new paranormal series books 🙂 I’m not sure if SR told you, but we are discussing with Brazilian readers The Prince & The Raven. And, I’m afraid they don’t know you very well. If SR allows you to visit Brazil one day what do you want see or visit? Any message you to send to them? 🙂 P.S. Brazilian readers loved your “filisteu” comment in chapter 1 #ThePrince 😉
SN: Please thank all the Brazilian readers and say “Bom Dia” from me. I’d like to move to Brazil and get to know the readers personally …
Submitted by Alexandra
18. Will we ever see a picture of you?
SN: Absolutely. When I move to Brazil, I hope to have my picture taken with readers while on the beach …
Word association for SR from Kez
* icecream – chocolate
* (sugarfree) gummybears – pain
* Dr Seuss – Green Eggs and Ham
All the best, and happy reading!
Find more on this dynamic snarky duo at:
6 thoughts on “Sylvain Reynard and The Snarky Narrator -A Tale of Doughnuts, Angels, and Egos.”
Thanks for posting this before I left, Tosha! I loved all the questions and answers. I can just imagine the SN on Ipanema or Copacabana beach surrounded by a multitude of his adoring fans while SR stays in Toronto becoming very jealous of all the attention he’s getting 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
You, SR, and the SN are always a fun group to hang out with. Love.
a snarky crew.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi… amazing interview!!!…
Hugs form Venezuela!
Thanks. We love all things SR